Various people and departments at the White House have their own zip+4 codes. For instance the President has his own +4 suffix in his zip code:
600 PENNSYLVANIA AVE NW
WASHINGTON DC 20500-0001
The Post Office gives this list:
20500-0002: FIRST LADY
20500-0003: WHITE HOUSE
20500-0004: THE WHITE HOUSE
20500-0039: GREETINGS OFFICE
20500-0049: WHITE HOUSE STATION
20500-1600: AMER FUND FOR AFGHAN CHILD
There are some numbers missing, so I searched around the internet to try to find them. Here’s the additional +4 suffixes of White House zip codes not provided by the Postal Service:
20500-0002: VICE PRES STAFF
20500-0005: THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
20500-0010: SOCKS THE CAT
20500-0030: HILLARY CLINTON
A few things to note about all the White House zip codes:
- “White House” and “The White House” each have their own zip code.
- Why does the U.S. Department of Justice have a zip code at the White House? Shouldn’t they have their own place to do work?
- Socks the Cat was given its own zip code in 1998. The Clinton cat died shortly thereafter on February 20, 2009.
- The Clintons loved assigning their own zip codes, because Hilary grabbed 20500-0030. So if you wrote to “Hillary Clinton” it was 20500-0030. If you wrote to the first lady, that would be 20500-0002.
- What’s the “AMER FUND FOR AFGHAN CHILD”? On October 12, 2001 The President George W. Bush announced the creation of “America’s Fund for Afghan Children” which will encourage children and their families to contribute to relief efforts for Afghan children. At the top of the press release it also states, “As of April 1, 2005 the Afghan Children’s Fund is no longer accepting contributions. President Bush thanks those among America’s youth who participated for their support.”
I searched for the zip codes up to 0051. Who knows if there are any other ones floating out there.