Classifications of late night hosts' humor
Every late night host has his own type of humor that typifies the majority of their skits.
Jay Leno: People are stupid
• Jaywalking: asking simple questions to dummies on street
• Headlines: stupid mistakes in newspapers
• stupid 911 calls
David Letterman: Everydayness
• Will it Float?
• What's the deli guy doing?
Conan O'Brien: Dopeyness
• In the year 2000
• Triumph the insult comic dog
• that dude who kyaks off a cliff
I'd like to see someone go the exact opposite route of Jay Leno. Have skits with people who are just so amazingly smart, it's funny. Look at this guy! He can recite the 100 digits of pie. Ok, I guess that's not funny. But it sure seems like there can be a twist made to make it funny. Maybe have two people race to recite pie. Competitive dorky sports that make them go to the extreme. haha. I should try this on YouTube.