We love public transit, we hate public transit. Occasionally there are days that challenge us, as the Chicagoist demonstrates with its post, “9 Unfortunate Thoughts We’re All Are Having On The CTA.” While releasing angst about commuting can be therapeutic; on a daily basis being negative can wear you down. Instead it’s good to be thankful and focus on the positive.
There will always be hiccups and bad incidents that happen on public transit, but there are also many wonderful things that occur while on the bus and train. Here’s 12 good thoughts about riding public transit in Chicago.
1) Getting weekly free concerts while waiting for the bus next to the side door of the Green Mill.
2) Getting home faster, when a train that goes express.
3) Buses filled with inflatable toys
4) Holiday train!
5) Doing somersaults in the aisles of an empty CTA train
6) Vinyl ads transforming the entire interior of the train
7) Inspiring messages via street art at CTA stations
8) People watching
9) Throwing paper airplanes from the elevated platform (view entire set)
10) Drawing on foggy bus and train windows (view entire set)
11) Art on Track (view entire set)
12) Beautiful views from elevated platforms
(All photos taken by Matt Maldre.)
What do you love about the CTA?
— Spudart in Chicago (@wheresspudart) August 4, 2014
What are things that you love about the CTA? Please leave your thoughts in the comments or on your favorite social media channel. This question appears on Yahoo Answers, Reddit, ask.com, Quora, Google Plus, Twitter, and Facebook.