What stuff should you be bringing with you to your dodgeball match?
- Wear shoes with good treads, you don’t want to slip, that would be deadly.
- Wearing team uniforms does actually intimidate your opponents. If your team shows any signs from the start that you are good, that fear is then magnified by the uniforms. I know I was scared of a couple teams that seemed to have their act together. It’s also cool to have matching wristbands and headbands. You can get ’em at Amazon: solid headbands, solid wristbands, and striped wristbands.
- As mentioned in tip 1, bring some balls and warmup before the game. The National Amateur Dodgeball Association uses 8-inch foam balls. They sell them for $20 on their site. You can get them for $13.88 on S&S Worldwide
Available in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple, so you can buy a color ball to match your uniform. My team’s main color is blue, so we practice with blue balls. 😉
- Avoid wearing clothes that are overly baggy. If the ball hits any part of your clothing, you are out.
- Bring water bottles, the sport is deceptively tiring. The adrenaline rush alone will wipe you out.
This is a part two of a seven-part series every Wednesday of Dodgeball strategies covering:
3) Throwing Techniques
4) Attack Strategies during the Game
5) Ball Control
(Disclaimer: The Amazon links in this blog post are affiliate links, so I can make a few extra coins to help pay for a fraction of the cost to host this website. #CommissionsEarned)
I couldn’t agree more about dressing the part! Not only will your opponent be intimidated by the pulled-together look, it can instill confidence among your own team members! The other thing about everyone looking alike too is that your opponent can’t tell you apart which means it will be harder for them to keep track of the skill levels of your team members thus disabling their strategy that much more.
My dodgeball team is really good. i can throw very hard.
this is brilliant my team won 9 tournaments now
If playing outdoors, a pair of sunglasses is handy to have, so that way it helps to block which way you are looking from your opponents.
screaming at opponents in foriegn tounge always helps to freak them out
how can you use the 8″ skiny special its 88lbs
dude the ball u recommend is 88lbs how can u throw a good strong shot wit it
This is some good stuff… My friend posted this on our TEAM site…lol Hopefully more team members will read this.
dude my dodgeball team is amazing! were called Above Average Joe’s