The longest time a coin has been spun until coming to a complete rest is 19.37 seconds by Britain’s Scott Day.
WANNA BREAK THIS RECORD?
Here’s what you need to know if you want to have a spin at the record:
1. The coin should be spun on a smooth, flat surface measuring a maximum of 1 x 1 m (3 x 3 ft) which should be dry.
2. The coins to be used are 10p coins in Great Britain, 25¬¢ coins in the United States and, in other countries, coins weighing at least 0.21 oz or 6 g and having a maximum diameter of 2.5 cm or 1 in.
3. Any coin used must have a grooved edge and be offered for inspection to make sure it has not been tampered with.
4. The time starts when the coin starts spinning and stops when the coin comes to a complete rest.
5. An official timekeeper should be present thoughout the attempt.
6. Each participant is only allowed three attempts.
From: Guinness World Records
This will be the featured item today for New Toy Friday at work. I can’t wait!