Warning! Crazy backgrounds! All these paintings were done in the 80s and early 90s by the official Baseball Hall of Fame artist, Dick Perez. One has to wonder what was going through Dick’s mind when he created these backgrounds. He finishes up a portrait and now has to add a background. Perplexed what to add, he drops in a crazy geometric pattern. Or some squiggly lines. How about making it look like an Atari game?
These backgrounds should be made into sweaters.
I would like to see photos of Dick Perez’s house in the 70s and 80s. I bet he had totally psychedelic wallpaper in every room.
You’ll enjoy more posts about baseball cards:
- Backs of famous baseball cards
- Critique of Dick Perez’s Grover Alexander painting
- The crazy backgrounds of Donruss Diamond Kings
- Fold a baseball card to create excitement
- $500 for one pack of baseball cards
- Questions for Topps and Beckett Media
- Best baseball card shop online
- The aesthetics of baseball autographs