Today is the 736,000th day since Jan 1, 0001!
I went to timeanddate.com to double-check the math. On their homepage, they have a promo to print our 2016 calendar (archived screenshot). At first glance when I saw the image, I thought, “WOW! HOW DO THEY HAVE A PHOTO OF MY CALENDAR!” and then I realized, earlier this year I printed out their calendar and have it hanging up in my cube.
It is indeed 736,000 days since the start of AD. What would this special day be called?
- The Thousand day?
- Thousandth Day?
- Happy 737 Thousandth Day?
- or happy 737th Thousand Day
Branden M came up with the name KiloDay via an instant message chat. The name is very fitting for the 1,000th day. We’ll have to wait another 2 years, 8 months, 27 days until the next KiloDay on November 1, 2018.
It would be cool if something like the Olympics happened every 1,000 days. Just to make us aware of how long 1,000 days is. What should be the celebration tradition for the KiloDay?
Here are the upcoming Kilodays:
- 737,000th day: Thursday, November 1, 2018
- 738,000th day: Wednesday, July 28, 2021
- 739,000th day: Tuesday, April 23, 2024
- 740,000th day: Monday, January 19, 2027
- 750,000th day: Friday June 5, 2054
- 777,777th day: Saturday, June 24, 2130
And some of the past Kilodays:
- 500,000th day: Wednesday December 5, 1369
- 666,666th day: April 8, 1826
- 733,000th day: Monday, November 19, 2007
- 734,000th day: Sunday, August 15, 2010
- 735,000th day: Saturday, May 11, 2013
- 736,000th day: Friday, February 5, 2016
Etym: February 5, 2016 is exactly the 736,000th day since January 1, 0001.
Worm: That makes today the 736th KiloDay.
Note: Mark your calendars. The next KiloDay (737,000) will be on November 1, 2018