What are you up to right now? How would you summarize this to someone you haven’t spoken to in a year? I’m starting a monthly “now” page for what’s happening in my life, so I can share it with others who are interested. It’s at spudart.org/now.
2,950 people have a “/now” page. The idea started with Derek Sivers.
Most websites have a link that says “about”. It goes to a page that tells you something about the background of this person or business. For short, people just call it an “about page”.
Most websites have a link that says “contact”. It goes to a page that tells you how to contact this person or business. For short, people just call it a “contact page”.
So a website with a link that says “now” goes to a page that tells you what this person is focused on at this point in their life. For short, we call it a “now page”.
See examples by browsing nownownow.com.
Here is my “now” page…
February 2024 Now
Updated February 1, 2024, from Glen Ellyn, IL USA
- Blogging a creative thing every day on spudart.org. Even if it’s a super short note. Instead of posting the idea to social media first, I’m posting it to my site first.
- Getting back into the habit of emailing daily photos to my family.
- Making print photo albums. I take 10,000 – 20,000 photos a year, and yet I have no annual photo albums.
- Helping my daughter make thank-you cards for her Girl Scout cookie customers.
- Record videos of my kids talking about the art they make.
- “Analyzing Baseball Data with R” so I can do fun baseball stat analysis. Maybe also to incorporate deep stats and trivia into my baseball art.
- Writing a tutorial that explains how to install my forked version of Art Institute of Chicago’s Chrome Add-on. My forked version shows only the Thorne Miniature rooms.
- A radio station that plays entire albums.
- Making shoes that leave footprints that look like the original astronaut footprints left on the Moon 40+ years ago.
- What type of baseball art I’d like to make and sell. (When I should really just get back into making fun scorecards and let it build from there)
- Less sugar, less Goldfish crackers
- Celery as snacks
- Taking down icicle lights (I’m using the January snow as an excuse for why I haven’t taken them down)
- Just started Ahsoka. I’m on S1E2. (I finished Rebels)
I hope to update this list monthly. Although, I imagine some of these items might repeat from month-to-month. We’ll see.