Here’s a bunch of different ideas i’m playing with for my 2004 christmas card.
- Bubble wrap (I have a lot left over from my halloween costume)
- Including a birthday candle (for Jesus’s birthday). Then the recipient can use the birthday candle on their own cake, or a friends cake in the future.
- 2000th birthday for Jesus (don’t they say he was born in 4AD?)
- How many days since Christ’s birth… 73,047 days. Represent these numbers by filling up a tiny container with 73,047 grains of sand.
- Connect the dots game, but the dots are all stars in the sky that the wise men are looking at. Once the dots are connected, they form some image, maybe Jesus in the manger
- Send out four advent postcards, one for each advent week. (i’m too late to do this now)
- List some amazing feats, amazing gifts, amzing discoveries. Then inside says how Christ’s birth is MORE AMAZING than all of them… The almighty perfect God coming down to our little dirty sinful planet.