On July 8, 2007 Estonia continued their strong-hold dominance of the greatest international competition–the wife carrying competition! This is the tenth year in a row an Estonian has won the competition. I am so proud to have Estonian blood flowing through my Estonian veins!
I need to send the Uusorg brothers a gift.
Pictured above is Estonia’s Madis Uusorg and his wife Inga Klauso winning the wife carrying World Championships in Finland, 2007.
Here is a snapshot of PURE ESTONIAN DOMINANCE!
* 2007 ‚Äì Madis Uusorg (Estonia) and Inga Klauso (Estonia). time 61.7 seconds
* 2006 ‚Äì Margo Uusorg (Estonia) and Sandra Kullas (Estonia) time 56.9 seconds (World record)
* 2005 ‚Äì Margo Uusorg (Estonia) and Egle Soll (Estonia).
* 2004 ‚Äì Madis Uusorg (Estonia) and Inga Klauso (Estonia) time 65.3 seconds.
* 2003 ‚Äì Margo Uusorg (Estonia) and Egle Soll (Estonia) time 60.7 seconds.
* 2002 ‚Äì Meelis Tammre (Estonia) and Anne Zillberberg (Estonia) time 63.8 seconds.
* 2001 ‚Äì Margo Uusorg (Estonia) and Birgit Ullrich (Estonia) time 55.6 seconds.
* 2000 ‚Äì Margo Uusorg (Estonia) and Birgit Ullrich (Estonia) time 55.5 seconds.
* 1999 ‚Äì Imre Ambos (Estonia) and Annela Ojaste (Estonia) time 64.5 seconds.
* 1998 ‚Äì Imre Ambos (Estonia) and Annela Ojaste (Estonia) time 69.2 seconds.
* 1997 ‚Äì Jouni Jussila (Finland) and Tiina Jussila (Finland) time 65 seconds.
(There are more photos from these years in a previous blog post).
One of these years I’m going to Finland to participate in this competition. I would LOVE to win, but if I don’t, I will be more than happy to shake the hand of my Estonian brother who does win.