- Replaced incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescents.
- Put all my computer equipment on two surge protectors.
- Put the computer surge protectors in a desk drawer that is easy to access.
- Every morning before I leave for work, I turn off the the computer surge protectors, therefore turning off the power to my speakers, hard drives, USB devices, and monitors.
- I keep my freezer and fridge full of food.
Watch your monthly electricity usage on your electricity bill. Set a goal of trying to lower your usage below a specific number. Then it becomes a fun game.