Some thoughts on dates since January 1, 0001:
- October 1, 2007 would be day number 732,951 starting from the beginning of AD in January 1, 0001.
- It’s been 1,055,449,440 minutes. That’s just a tad over 1 billion minutes. (One billion minutes happened on Monday, April 28, 1902)
- Day #750,000 will occur on Friday, June 5, 2054. (btw, Google Calendar only lets you add events up to the year 2050)
- Week #105,000 starts on Friday, May 10, 2013.
You can subscribe to the calendar here:
I was also thinking today could be 2007.274 (for the 274th day of 2007), but since 2007.274 is an actual decimal number, it assumes that there would be 1,000 days in the year. (here’s a cool perpetual calendar that shows you the day number of the year)
I have different math. 2006 x 365 + (2006/4) = 732691. That’s 2,006 years times the number of calendar days plus leap year days.
But 732,951 wouldn’t be followed by “th”… since the last number is a 1, it would be “st” for “first”!
Oh Rose! Good point! You’d be an excellent comic strip editor!
Moose.. you’re forgetting to add in the 274 days we’ve gone through in 2007. Adding 274 to your math (which is right) gets us 732965, which is only a 14 day difference. I’m wondering if maybe in those 2006 years we skipped a few leap years?
Today is 2007.7561643835616438356164383562.
Here\’s some more events I added to the Mathematical Days calendar:
* 733,000th day: Mon Nov 19, 2007
* 734,000th day: Sun Aug 15, 2010
* 735,000th day: Sat May 11, 2013
* 736,000th day: Fri Feb 5, 2016
* 737,000th day: Thu Nov 1, 2018
* 738,000th day: Wed Jul 28, 2021
* 739,000th day: Tue Apr 23, 2024
* 740,000th day: Mon Jan 19, 2027
And the 777,777th day is Saturday, June 24, 2130. I couldn’t add that to the Google Calendar, cuz it maxes out at the year 2050.
The 666,666th day is April 8, 1826. The same day that butter was discovered by Helmundo Vanderblast on April 8, 1826.
Today I made a webcomic for day 736,000. That\’s 3,049 days later. It\’s fun to see that I did a webcomic originally on this post, because for 736,000 I also made a comic–a bit more advanced of a comic. https://www.spudart.org/comic/happy-736000th-day/
I found this post, because I googled \”736,000th day\” just to see if anyone else was celebrating this today. That 8-year old blog post is the only result.