- Wear shoes with good treads, you don’t want to slip, that would be deadly.
- Wearing team uniforms does actually intimidate your opponents. If your team shows any signs from the start that you are good, that fear is then magnified by the uniforms. I know I was scared of a couple teams that seemed to have their act together. It’s also cool to have matching wristbands and headbands. You can get ’em at Amazon: solid headbands, solid wristbands, and striped wristbands.
- As mentioned in tip 1, bring some balls and warmup before the game. The National Amateur Dodgeball Association uses 8-inch foam balls. They sell them for $20 on their site. You can get them for $13.88 on S&S Worldwide
- Avoid wearing clothes that are overly baggy. If the ball hits any part of your clothing, you are out.
- Bring water bottles, the sport is deceptively tiring. The adrenaline rush alone will wipe you out.
This is a part two of a seven-part series every Wednesday of Dodgeball strategies covering:
3) Throwing Techniques
4) Attack Strategies during the Game
5) Ball Control
(Disclaimer: The Amazon links in this blog post are affiliate links, so I can make a few extra coins to help pay for a fraction of the cost to host this website. #CommissionsEarned)