Throughout college and six years after, I was a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 25.4 (5’11” 182 lbs). Technically 25 BMI is considered overweight, which seems a bit odd to me, but anyways. Then I lost 20 pounds through a change in workout and eating habits. Now i’ve been a 22.4 BMI for the past three and half years.
Here’s what I’ve been doing:
- No more cow milk. Drink soy milk.
- No more soda. Only one every one or two weeks.
- Eat halves more often: Occasionally for lunch, if it’s a big lunch, eat half. Save the other half for next day.
- Eat slower.
- Change workout routine. It’s easy to get in a rut. For three years prior to the weight loss, I was doing the same thing over and over. But then I started to do different things in the gym and saw results.
- Yogurt, nuts, chocolate.
- Lots — lots of sleep.
- Mini-workouts at home. Just a few sets with dumbbells here and there.