I’ve recently stumbled upon a cool webcam feed showcasing the Northern Lights.
Check out the “Northern Light Live Levi, Finland. North view” by Starlapland / Samuli Korvanen. Note: The URL may change if the stream restarts.
To my surprise, the Northern Lights appeared less dynamic than I expected. Maybe I’m way off, but I thought the Northern Lights had more motion. I guess all clips I’ve seen of the Northern Lights were of time-lapse video.
This wonderful webcam has earned a spot in my collection. I’ve curated a folder in Chrome filled with various webcam bookmarks, offering me a glimpse into different corners of the world at a moment’s notice. Whenever I feel like getting a worldwide window, I open all the bookmarks in tabs. Here’s a peek at what’s inside:
- Eiffel Tower View – A Parisian Icon
- Big Bear Bald Eagle Nest – Nestled in Southern California’s San Bernardino Mountains
- Chicago Cam – Overlooking the Museum Campus
- Wrigley Field Cam – The famous Marquee entrance
- Wrigleyville Cam – The bustling corner of Addison and Sheffield
- Santa Claus Village – From the heart of Lapland, Finland
- Abbey Road Crossing – A Beatles landmark
- Swan Cam in Schaumburg – A serene view
- Le Sacré-Coeur de Montmartre – A Paris TV exclusive
(list is in no particular order)