I couldn’t pick a favorite post from 2006, so here’s my top 25 with notes:
- Seeing earth for the first time
An interesting view of earth we normally don’t see
- The difference between one million and one billion
A baby is one million seconds old. A 31-year-old is one billion seconds old.
- Trains in your instant messages: one-line ascii art
One of my most favorite ascii arts of all time.
- Nine observations about walking around public in Storm Trooper suit
Gotta love it when people do crazy stuff.
- What happens when you stack every letter in alphabet on top of each other
One of my favorite experiments last year.
- The south underside view of Jupiter’s bottom
Looking at planets’ butts are so much fun.
- Solar Eclipses the perfect alignment
Amazing. God is great.
- Ink Density Pattern on a Pringles Potato Chip
Graphic designers will appreciate this one.
- New Toy Friday: Dart Gun Whiteboard Target
One of THE most fun things you can do in your office.
- Sticky Note Village
Oh wait. Another fun thing to do in the office.
- Wallbreakers: Kool-Aid Man, Incredible Hulk, Juggernaut, and …
One of the most fun lists ever!
- The “Two Legit to Quit” Challenge
- Top six things to do with a leftover pile of dirt
- July is National Free Postcard Mailing Month
Perhaps greatest idea of 2006.
- Places where you want to sit
Another fun list.
- 10,000 comments on spudart.org
A milestone for spudart.org.
- Size comparison of Wrigley Field and U.S. Cellular Field
Interesting insight into the sizes of Wrigley and the Cell.
- Chicago skyscraper to double height
My favorite photoshop job of 2006
- Design critique of the Chicago 2016 Olympics logo
Chicago. Design. Olympics. What a combination!
- Yarn Monster Gallery
Very cute post.
- Tribune Tower has twin buildings in Rockford and Elgin, Illinois
One of my favorite discoveries.
- How to become a ninja using amazon.com
I think this is very funny.
- A mile-long red carpet for Chicago’s Magnificent Mile
Best idea for Chicago in 2006.
- Least searched-for U.S. presidents
Geekiest list of 2006.
- December 25: Day for crowning kings
Interesting discovery and I like the meaning drawn from it.
What’s one of your favorite spudart.org posts from 2006? Here’s the archives.